How to Make Coconut-Caramel Toast
With Your Kids
When my boys were little, they loved to cook. My son, J.J., even aspired to become a chef and host a show on Food Network. While I enjoyed helping them in the kitchen, I sometimes lacked the patience and energy to make elaborate dishes. I didn't always have the time to run out and buy the ingredients, supervise the production, and clean up the mess. So I made it my mission to find kid-friendly recipes that were easy to make, delicious to eat, and didn't demand a trip to the store. Coconut-Caramel Toast was one of my best discoveries. Here's how to make it.
1. Gather the ingredients: brown sugar, flaked coconut, soft margarine, and bread.
2. Measure 1 tablespoon brown sugar and put in a bowl.
3. Measure 1 tablespoon flaked coconut and add to the same bowl.
4. Measure 1 tablespoon soft margarine and add to the bowl with the brown sugar and coconut.
5. Mix the ingredients together.
6. Put 2 slices of bread in the toaster.
7. Spread the brown sugar mixture on the toasted brown. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 325 degrees.
8. Enjoy with a glass of milk or some hot chocolate. This makes a great late-night snack or a quick and easy after-school treat.
Make your child feel extra special when she cooks with her own chef's apron and hat. She'll love dressing up, looking professional, and making yummy food.
Labels: Cooking With Kids